Rare 1800′s Hand Carved Walnut Mandel Brothers Chicago Rocking Chair
LATE 1800'S MANDEL BROTHERS CHICAGOANTIQUE WALNUT ROCKING CHAIR This is a magnificent Rocking Chair is in great condition with great patina to the wood. It is dark walnut and has a picture (carved & paint or applique as pictured). The chair has brass tag identification on bottom as Mandel Brothers, with this stores history as listed below:
This retail enterprise, which would become one
of Chicago's leading department stores, was founded in 1855 by Bavarian
immigrants Solomon Mandel and his uncle Simon Klein. Their first store was
located on Clark Street. In 1865, after Solomon's brothers Leon and Emanuel
joined the firm, its name became Mandel Bros. Purchasing in New York and
Paris and selling in Chicago, the enterprise grew. By the 1880s, its new
store on the corner of State and Madison Streets employed about 800 people.
By the beginning of the twentieth century, the workforce had grown to over
3,000 people. Rebuilt in 1912 and renovated in 1948, the State Street store
continued to operate into the 1970s, when the company folded amid State
Street's demise as a major retail center.
LOCAL PICK-UP ONLY HARLEM AV & TALCOTT CHICAGO
MUST BE PICKED UP WITHIN 3 DAYS OF WINNING
Sale Ends in 1 Hour!
Save Money With These Similar Items:
- Heywood Brothers And Wakefield Company Rare Rocking Chair
- 1914 Early Mission Oak Arts & Crafts Stickley Brothers Rocking Chair Model 559
- Rare Antique Heywood Brothers Bookkeepers Chair Drafting Stool Cast Iron Label
- Antique Victorian Style Silk Upholstered Rococo Side Chairs Walnut Hand Carved
- Vintage Wing Back Chair, Old Warner Brothers Set Prop!